Senior Program Director – Courts Systems
Multi-year – Contract opportunity
Position located in Raleigh, NC
$80 – $85 / hour
NewSouth Technologies, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior-level Program Director to assist our client with the implementation of a new integrated case management system. We are seeking individuals with a strong, successful track record of leading migrations from legacy custom applications to new integrated case management systems (ICMS). Public sector experience, specifically in a judicial courts system, is a plus. PMP certification is highly desired; PgMP certification is a plus.
Description (including, but not limited to):
- Oversee selected vendor implementation of an Integrated Case Management System (ICMS) and new business processes, migrating legacy system functionality and data to the new ICMS while fully engaging stakeholders in the migration and implementation of new business processes.
- Reporting up to the State Agency Steering Committee, the Program Director will oversee the selected software vendor’s work efforts to ensure that the vendor delivers what was promised in the contract while negotiating and managing unforeseen requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Possess experience leading program management, negotiations and communications with an Agency wide impact.
- Utilizing problem-solving skills, candidate will be responsible for leading senior -level business executives and IT personnel to define and execute program requirements while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Responsible for establishing and executing adequate project management controls based on industry accepted methodologies and standards. These controls include the responsibility to monitor and control cost, schedule, performance and risk; to ensure quality and security; overall integration and issues resolution and to perform administrative functions.
- Assess and monitor business and financial performance of initiative from strategic perspective.
- Responsible for creation and management of the integrated project plan, execution of the project plan and work breakdown structure, project status reporting, status meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
|1. Experience migrating from legacy computer applications to new case management systems, preferably in the Criminal Justice sector
2. Strategic thinker
3. Possess ability to successfully manage relationships with executive management, vendor partners, and stakeholders.
4. Excellent contract and vendor management skills
5. Superior negotiation skills
6. Strong communications skills, oral and written, with project team, management, executive management and external organizations.
7. Experience strategically planning and managing initiatives consisting of program components that meet Departmental, State and other stakeholder expectations.
8. Proven planning and management skills including scope, time, risk, estimating and control, budget, testing, quality assurance and resource allocation
9. Strong process analysis skills and As-is/To-be process documentation
10. Excellent functional gap analysis and resource gap analysis skills
11. Proven data mapping skills from legacy to new ICMS
12. Proven ability to build and lead teams
13. Proficient with MS Project using MS Project Server to manage multi-million-dollar projects with multiple year duration.
Preferred Experience / Certification:
Government IT program management experience – specifically in a judicial court system
|PMP & PgMP certifications – highly desired|
NewSouth Technologies, Inc is an information technology services consulting company founded in 1998, specializing in helping its clients develop and maintain state-of-the-art information systems and business processes. www.newsouthtech.com