North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts Integrated Case Management System
NewSouth is overseeing the Enterprise Project Management Office for the Integrated Case Management System (ICMS) implementation for the North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts. This is a fundamentally transformative initiative that will replace the majority of the agency’s legacy civil, criminal, and juvenile legacy applications with an integrated solution based on Tyler Technologies criminal justice suite of commercial-off-the-shelf products. NewSouth is providing Program Management, Project Management, organizational assessment, strategic planning, business analysis, quality assurance, and vendor management services. This engagement began in May 2019 and is expected to run for roughly 5 years.
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction Educational Systems Modernization/ Transformation (Home Base)
NewSouth provided Program and Project Management services, business analysis, and systems integration services for the NC Department of Public Instruction in the implementation of the Home Base suite of applications. This is arguably the single most aggressive K-12 technology transformation and implementation in the country. The Home Base suite of applications includes the following:
– Student Information System (based on Pearson’s PowerSchool)
– Instructional Improvement System to provide curriculum resources and classroom and benchmark assessment (based Pearson Schoolnet)
– Learning Management System (based on Pearson OpenClass)
– Educator Effectiveness System
- Educator Evaluation Module
- Professional Development System Module
– Summative Assessment Delivery System (based on Pearson TestNav and Pearson Access)
NewSouth employees managed vendors and designed and implemented data and systems integration services to ensure that applications shared data both in real time and in batch. NewSouth employees assisted with Data Governance and helped design the SAS data warehouse used to consolidate data from a myriad of disparate systems so that data could be integrated with other applications.